Monday, November 14, 2011

Celebrate the Process!


A surrendered heart will always lead to a renewed mind. It is always the matters of the heart surrendered that transforms the mind. Deeply realizing that God is always more interested first in what he does in us than through us. Look at the words of Jesus “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” So whatever we would aspire to do for God , must be first done in us. 

As coaches and small group leaders we can sometimes press and strive for external change in people. Even though we realize the importance of the inner work we may not allow for it. Even in our own lives we quietly think why did that take me so long for me to see that, why am I so slow to change sometimes? These questions can be understood by embracing the valve of the process. If we in our own lives value the process of inner change we will be ultimately more patient and deeply attached to that process in the lives of those we lead and touch. 

The heart of Jesus, humble and gentle, he knew how to make the process easy, lift the weight which allows the growth. “For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." I can't help to wonder what is the burden that God would put upon us if  it were not the wonderful burden of sharing His heart for those we see, touch and for those we lead. Sharing His burden will never weight us down, it will impassion, and inflame us burning within us the very heart of God. 

Enjoy the process in your life and celebrate it in others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want to hear from you!